Fistful of Talent is proud to announce the first installation of the Talent Management Blog Power Rankings! Rankings below reflect recent blog entries across 103 Talent, HR and Recruiting-related blogs. How do we rank them? Check out the complete Poll Methodology here…
You might remember that the HR Blog Power Rankings used to be hosted over at the HR Capitalist. I liked doing that, but it was one voice. Additionally, once we put the team together at FOT, I knew we could make the rankings better by getting multiple working Talent professionals serving as pollsters. Think of this as a corporate takeover, with the HR Capitalist staying on as a name sponsor as a hat tip of sorts. Kind of like the founder of a company getting to keep an office when he gets pushed out.
As a result of bringing the crew at FOT aboard, this poll is comprised of professionals working in the field as HR professionals, corporate recruiters, 3rd party search professionals and consultants working in the Talent Management industry. In short, they’re people just like you, and the poll results reflect the collective view of the team regarding the best blogs in the Talent Management game.
Additionally, all pollsters (click for profiles – Jessica Lee, Maren Hogan, Kelly Dingee, Jennifer McClure, Jason Pankow, Josh Letourneau, Paul Hebert and Kris Dunn) selflessly gave up the right to have their blogs considered for ranking since they are pollsters. That means we can’t vote for each other either. At least I think they understood that was part of the game…
In our opinion, the top 25 and those also receiving votes represent the best of the Talent/Recruiting/HR/Human Capital Blogs. Thanks to all listed here for your commitment to the Talent/Recruiting/HR/Human Capital community!
Ranking/Blog Name (Power Rating, Last Poll Ranking)
1. The Recruiter’s Lounge (Power Index – 89) (1st Place Votes – 3)
2. ERE.net (Power Index – 69)
3. All Things Workplace (Power Index – 63) (1st Place Votes – 2)
4. Compensation Force (Power Index – 58)
5. Evil HR Lady (Power Index – 57) (1st Place Votes – 1)
6. Brazen Careerist (Power Index – 53) (1st Place Votes – 1)
7. Seth Godin (Power Index – 53)
8. KnowHR (Power Index – 52)
9. Great Leadership (Power Index – 50)
10. cheezhead (Power Index – 41)
11. The Employee Factor (Power Index – 39)
12. The Fordyce Letter (Power Index – 37)
13. Bob Sutton (Power Index – 36)
14. HR Observations (Power Index – 33)
15. The Business of Management (Power Index – 33)
16. AmyBeth Hale – Research Goddess (Power Index – 33)
17. RecruitingBlogs.com (Power Index – 31)
18. Knowledge Infuser (Power Index – 26)
19. Louise’s UK Recruiter Blog (Power Index – 26)
20. McArthur’s Rant (Power Index – 26)
21. Marketing Headhunter (Power Index – 25)
22. TalentMash (Power Index – 25)
23. Personal Branding Blog – Dan Schawbel (Power Index – 24)
24. Jon Ingham’s Strategic HCM Blog (Power Index – 23)
25. Taleo Blog (Power Index – 23)
Also Receiving Votes – TalentedApps, HRMarketer, Three Star Leadership, Suits in the Workplace, Punk Rock HR, Freakanomics, JPIE, The Workforce Institute, Trizle, Ask a Manager, Fortify Your Oasis, Employee Evolution, systematic HR, HR Lori, HR Thoughts, Pink Slip, Social Media Headhunter, Talent Alchemy, JibberJobber Blog, Social Media Explorer, Human Capitalist, Consultant’s Corner, SuccessFactors Blog, SittingXlegged, Digital Roam, The Contented Cow Blog, Execupundit, What Would Dad Say, Recruiting Fly, YourHRGuy, Gladwell.com, Tom Peters Blog, Complete Potential, The Monster Blog, People Signals
Kris Dunn is a Partner and CHRO at Kinetix, a national RPO firm for growth companies headquartered in Atlanta. He’s also the founder Fistful of Talent (founded in 2008) and The HR Capitalist (2007) – and has written over 70 feature columns at Workforce Management magazine. Prior to his investment at Kinetix, Kris served in HR leadership roles at DAXKO, Charter and Cingular. In his spare time, KD hits the road as a speaker and gives the world what it needs – pop culture references linked to Human Capital street smarts.