Hello and welcome to the first week of the Summer Olympics 2012. We know you’re busy watching team USA clean up medals, so here are the five things you need to know this week in one convenient package:
1. Amazon Takes Over Homepage to Announce New Employee Program. Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezo announced in a letter addressed to customers that the online retailer would now pay up to $8,000 toward tuition for full-time hourly employees looking to learn a new trade.
2. Google Moving 3,000 Motorola Mobility Jobs to Chicago. Motorola Mobility, Inc. made the announcement that they would be moving their headquarters to Chicago, providing the city their largest job influx in decades.
3. Twitter Delivers a Big Blow to Instagram. Twitter has recently blocked the Instgram from using their API; shortly after the photo sharing platform announced they hit 80 million users.
4. Turn Your Personal Data Into an Interactive Infographic. Vizify offers a visually stimulating way for you to present your personal data, interests and hobbies.
5. The 12 Best Ads of the 2012 Olympics - what’s your favorite? Hit us in the comments…
USA, USA, USA!