Hello and welcome back to the grind, FOT Nation. Gear up for the week ahead with these five must reads…
1. ‘Honest Suspicion’ of FMLA Abuse is Justification for Firing. An employer who has an “honest suspicion” that a worker is abusing their Family and Medical Leave Act leave is justified in terminating that employee, says a federal appellate court.
2. Motorola Mobility to Cut Staff by a Fifth and Close One Third of Offices. Motorola Mobility announced on Sunday that it is going to slash around 20% of its global workforce and will also shut down a third of its offices. This equates to about 4,000 staff members, one third of which will be in the U.S.
3. Court Reviews Discrimination Lawsuit Against… the EEOC. A former employee of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has the green light to go ahead with her lawsuit that claims she was the victim of disability discrimination.
4. How do you execute your commute to the office? Iterations: A New Era of Transportation, outlines how entrepreneurs have been creating new behavioral models around transportation, leveraging social data, mobile devices, and marketplace inefficiencies to reinvent how we get around.
5. FOT is back in action with their August webinar, That’s Your Pitch? How to Raise Your Social Recruiting Game by Thinking Less Like ACME and More Like Apple. This webinar comes with the FOT guarantee that: 60% of the time it works every time. Register today!
Have a great week!