Break out the face paint and team colors – college football returns this week! Ease the anticipation with these five must reads:
1. IBM Acquires HR And Talent Management Software Company Kenexa. IBM has purchased Kenexa for 1.3 billion; IBM believes the acquisition will help its clients embrace social business capabilities.
2. Woodbury Reps Set to Cash In: Recruiters. According to industry recruiters, many of the 1,400 Woodbury reps have recently been approached by management to discuss deals commonly known as “stay” or retention packages, after an announcement that the firm was being purchased.
3. The Twitter Tragedy. Twitter announced a number changes to their platform, in a corporate blog post last week, causing many third party developers to feel betrayed.
4. Summary of Apple’s $1 Billion Verdict and What’s Next. Apple Inc. claimed Samsung Electronics Co.’s smartphones and computer tablets “slavishly copied” the iPhones and iPads and a jury of nine unanimously agreed with Apple and ordered Samsung to pay $1 billion. What’s next for the two giants?
5. What Successful People Do with the First Hour of Their Workday. Successful business leaders agree, DO NOT check your email during the first hour of your day.
Have a great week – and go Noles! What team polo will you be sporting come casual Friday?