Pro football is back and so are you… kick your week off with these five must reads:
1. August Jobs Report Shows Employers Still Slow to Add Jobs. The U.S. Department of Labor reported Friday that the country added 96,000 non-farm jobs in August, a disappointing number in light of predictions the increase would be at least 25 percent higher.
2. How Marissa Mayer is Reshaping Yahoo [Video]. This video is an inside look on the impact Yahoo's new CEO has had on the company and a look at what she needs to do next to succeed.
3. Program Helps Long-Term Disabled Workers Return to Work by Crossing Finish Line. Cigna Corp., the health insurance gi
ant, is partnering with Achilles International, a New York-based not-for-profit that provides coaching, training and support for the long-term disabled people to participate in mainstream sporting events such as marathons.
4. Hootsuite CEO: We're Buying Seesmic for the Users, Not the Tech [Interview]. Hootsuite's CEO comments on the reasons the social media management system has purchased Seesmic and speaks to Hootsuite's desire to acquire similar technology and talent to accomplish their business goals.
5. What's Ahead for Employers? EEOC Outlines Its Enforcement Plan. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has released its plan of attack for the next several years. And the agency wants to hear your opinion of it.
Have a great week!