Hello and welcome back. Get your mind off your holiday to-do list with these five reads:
1. Moneyball for Recruiting Financial Advisers? It Exists. PriceMetrix provides data that offers insight into whether a firm should hire a financial adviser, much like sabermetrics in baseball.
2. How Tim Cook's Attention to Culture Could Grow Apple Even More. In a big change from the Job's era, Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, is focusing Apple's people in an effort to drive the business with programs like “Blue Sky” and sabbaticals for long-time employees.
3. Subway Worker: 'Quit Looking At Us Like We're Evil Meanies
039;. A Subway worker goes on a rant in the form of an email to the Consumerist about how they should not be blamed by customers for everything that happens at their franchisee location.
4. A Desk to Save You From Dying Because You Sit Too Much. An ergonomics expert and high-end furniture designer have teamed up to bring office workers a workstation they’re calling the healthiest way to link the human body with computers “until the computer becomes a part of our body.”
5. Exhausted? Survey Says 87% Are Overworking. A recent survey by Wrike has found that 87% of workers say they overwork on a regular basis. This infographic takes a look at productivity, work-life balance realities, threats and motivators.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!