Hey there and welcome to the first full week of 2013. Kick it off right with these five handpicked reads:
1. Tearing Down the “Electronic Cottage” - a detailed look at how telecommuting may be ruining your work/life balance.
2. LinkedIn's Endorsements Have Become Meaningless. LinkedIn Endorsements – rolled out this past September and given at rate of 10M per day – are considered by many to be irrelevant and mostly a nuisance.
3. Tax Bill Will Reduce 401(k) Taxes, Ease Fund Transfe
rs. Employees in lower tax brackets now, compared to when they will retire, will reap the benefits of a provision tucked in the American Taxpayer Act.
4. Standard Severance Agreement Won't Protect You from EEOC Claims. According to a recent case in Indiana it is unlawful to stop severance payment to employees who file EEOC charges.
5. Desperately Seeking Startup Skills: Where Highly Sought-After Folks Hang Out. With the arrival of a new year many startup firms are revamping their hiring plans for the year ahead – but where should they be looking for top talent?
Have a great week, FOT Nation!