Today we honor and celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day with parades, memorials, civic projects and these five hand-picked reads:
1. TalentBin Takes On LinkedIn By Targeting Recruiters. TalentBin's found, Pete Kazanjy, explains that his company is a competitor of LinkedIn, focused on competing with behind-the-scenes services geared at recruiters.
2. Help for Job Searching with Social Media. The Human Resources teams at Twitter and NPR are teaming up to co-host an online chat geared at helping job seekers navigate Twitter in their job search.
3. Department of Labor Lists Considerations
for Adult Childcare FMLA Leave Requests
for Adult Childcare FMLA Leave Requests. The U.S. Department of Labor has issued an administrator's interpretation of factors employers must consider when an employee requests leave to care for an adult child under FMLA.
4. New York Banker Gordian Group to Advise Hostess' Bakery Union. Gordian Group, an investment bank specializing in distressed cases, has been hired by the union and pension fund of Hostess to help preserve jobs and worker's benefits as a bankrupt Hostess negotiates with buyers.
5. The Happiness Machine. Google's HR department, aka People Operations or POPS, has taken large strides to make Google a more desirable and accommodating destination for talented females to work.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!