Hello and Happy President’s Day! Did you happen to catch our post this past Saturday? It’s a winner. Enjoy your day off – or your day wondering why you aren’t off – with these five reads:
1. Get Up, Stand Up: Workers on Notice to Re-Energize With Movement. To maintain energy at work it is suggested that employees partake in “strategic movement”- short periods of exercise to increase blood flow and functionality in the brain.
2. How To Build Powerful In-person Networks From Your Social Contacts. This How-To guide explores eight step-by-step ways to transition your online contacts/connections to offline relationships.
3. Amazon Has Fired the Firm Accused of Hiring ‘New-Nazi’ Guards. Amazon has cut ties with Hensel European Security Services, a German firm whose staff has been accused of mistreating seasonal workers.
4. Apple TV Rumors Boosted With “High Priority” Job Posting. Apple job postings are one place the usually secretive company has to reveal a few details about its plans, and a recent posted req. has added some serious spin to the rumors about an Apple TV.
5. The Unlikely History of YouTube [Infographic]. This infographic profiles the history of YouTube, who celebrated their 8th year of business this past week
Have a great week, FOT Nation!