Hello and welcome back. Are you feeling a little down that The Office has come to a close? Take your mind off it with these five reads:
1. Employers Turn to Biometric Technology to Track Attendance. Companies are turning away from traditional devices and implementing biometric time clocks using facial recognition or fingerprint tracking to track attendance.
2. . Yahoo Inc. has agreed to pay $1.1 billion for Tumblr, a six-year-old company with more than 100 million users but very little revenue.
3. EEOC’s New Guidance Tackles Cancer, Epilepsy, Diabetes, and Intellectual Disabilities. The U.S. EEOC has some new documents out that help when recruiting and selecting people with disabilities.
4. Internal Social Networks Improve Communication Collaboration When Empowered To Do So. An analysis of companies to introducing a social media platforms to fix internal problems.
5. The value of creativity is crucial for business, here is a list of the 100 Most Creative People in Business 2013.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…