Hello and welcome to another great week with FOT. Kick your Monday off right with these five must-reads:
1. The World’s Most inDemand Employers: 2013. The most sought-after employers based on billions of interactions from LinkedIn’s 238M+ members.
2. Oil and Pregnancy Don’t Mix, But Apples and Berries Do. Within days of last month’s announcement of 4,500 upcoming layoffs by the sinking ship that was once BlackBerry, Apple threw a “career event” in a hotel a few minutes from the firm’s Canadian headquarters.
3. News from #InTalent: Has LinkedIn Handed Recruiters a Branding Pandora’s Box? Last week at Talent Connect, LinkedIn announced that recruiters who occupy a LinkedIn Recruiter seat can now post status updates directly onto the Company’s Career Page
4. Garment Workers Held Boss Captive Until He Paid Promised Bonus. Minimum-wage workers in a garment factory in Bangladesh finally extracted a long-promised bonus from their boss after holding him captive in the factory for over 18 hours.
5. Hate Happiness? Then Keep Eating Lunch at Your Desk. Two-thirds of employees eat lunch at their desk, overlooking that where, how, and who you eat with is as important as what you eat.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!