Welcome back to another week with your favorite blogging team! Here are 5 reads to get your day started off right:
1. How to Break Up With Your Mentor: If you don’t feel like the relationship is beneficial to you, don’t waste your time or theirs.
2. Always Open ‘Evergreen Jobs’ Can Improve Your Chances of Recruiting Top Talent: Imagine if you were an NBA basketball team and LeBron James suddenly became available. Would you hire him immediately, even if you didn’t have an open job or requisition?
3. A Job Description Written for Exactly One Person: For job seekers, few things are more discouraging than spending time applying for a position only to later learn that it was never really open to begin with—the job had been posted with a particular person already lined up for it.
4. Company Culture: Your New Secret Recruiting Weapon: It’s not a box to be checked. It’s not a framed mission statement in the lobby. It’s not office decor. Culture is something woven throughout every aspect of the organization.
5. Facebook Ran A Huge Psychological Experiment On Users And Manipulated The Emotions Of More Than 600,000 People: In a recently published study, the scientists say they found that when people saw fewer positive posts on their feeds, they produced fewer positive posts and instead wrote more negative posts.
Have a great week!