Hey FOT Nation—check out these 5 things you don’t want to miss out on this week!
1. Hey Cynics, Hold That Cold Water: Why The Ice Bucket Challenge Worked: Narcissism is part of public philanthropy, though it may be too harsh a word. Enlightened self interest is better – because it’s not just showing off.
2. What Do You Wear to Work When Your Job Has No Dress Code?: Raise your hand if you don’t know what “business casual” actually means. That’s what we thought.
3. 10 Reasons Your Best Employees Are Leaving You: The days of lifetime employment at a single company are long gone, but there are still a few things you can do to help improve your retention rates.
4. A Field Guide To All The Jerks You Work With: All that goodwill generated by your wonderful coworkers can evaporate completely when a few jerks appear.
5. Incompetent Managers Don’t Want to Hear Your Ideas: Incompetent managers who are personally threatened by employee suggestions send signals that they are unreceptive, shutting off avenues of new ideas, the researchers say.
Have a great week!