Welcome back to another great week with FOT! Get your Monday started right with these 5 must-reads:
1. What Role Do Personality Tests Play in the Job Search?: You’ve probably heard that you need to find a job that’s the “right fit” for you — but what does that mean, exactly?
2. MIT Study Shows People Would Rather Take Orders From A Robot Than Their Boss: Research coming out of MIT confirms that in a two-human, one-robot team working toward a common goal, the humans would rather the robot be in charge.
3. Why Saving Work for Tomorrow Doesn’t Work: The pattern of behavior appears on the job when the only thing you accomplish during the day is answering e-mail because you assume you’ll work better later when no one else is the office.
4. Study: Nobody Is Paying Attention on Your Conference Call: Please enter the passcode. Then press pound. Now continue playing Candy Crush.
5. Refusing to Hire Overqualified Candidates – a Myth That Can Hurt Your Firm: The 20 different reasons or benefits associated with hiring overqualified candidates are separated into three categories: 1) recruiting/ business impacts; 2) reasons to be suspicious of qualifications; and 3) actions to mitigate potential problems.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!