OK – Maybe you don’t have a PhD, maybe you messed around in college and ended up with a pedestrian 3.4 GPA due to your "social side".
It’s OK, you could still land a dream job at Google. How does the terms "corporate concierge" sound? Before you laugh and play it off like you’re above it, remember a woman delivering backrubs at the big G in a full-time capacity became a millionaire. Still laughing? Looking for your concierge name tag from when you worked the front desk at the Best Western?
Corporate Concierge – Mountain View
This position is located in Mountain View, CA
The Area: Human Resources – Benefits
Google employees have a wide variety of interests both inside and outside Google. We strive to design a unique benefits package that helps Googlers balance their busy lives and allows them to focus on the things they love to do. To that end, the Benefits group has developed a wide variety of comprehensive programs to meet the various needs of our diverse population. The programs we offer at our US headquarters include a world-class children’s center, a wellness center with on-site physicians, four full-service fitness centers and massage services. We provide free gourmet food and self-service laundry plus access to many vendors who offer onsite services such as haircuts and car wash. All of these are offered are in addition to our top-tier health plans and a generous 401(k) matching program.
The Role: Corporate Concierge
As Corporate Concierge, you’ll be responsible for fulfilling U.S. employees’ personal requests and creating perks that make employees’ lives easier in a fast-paced environment.
* Work closely with all levels of employees throughout the company and help coordinate personal services, including making restaurant reservations, ordering flowers, recommending places to dine
* Source and administer regional perk programs, including discount ticket programs and corporate partnerships
* Establish and maintain an online resource center for personal services such as event planning, housekeeping services, restaurant recommendations and spas
* Develop, design and negotiate creative personal support and entertainment offers
* Support other perk programs and events
* BA or BS degree
* Excellent customer-service experience
* Strong knowledge of the community, area and region
* Demonstrated professionalism, confidence, strong organizational skills, efficiency, initiative, resourcefulness and adaptability to change
* Highly trustworthy at all times and able to deal with confidential information
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills (knowledge of HTML and web design preferred)
Half the crew at FOT is on their laptop trying to apply RIGHT NOW. I’ve got a 20-spot that Homula’s tweaking his career pain model to apply to concierge’s work as we speak….
Kris Dunn is a Partner and CHRO at Kinetix, a national RPO firm for growth companies headquartered in Atlanta. He’s also the founder Fistful of Talent (founded in 2008) and The HR Capitalist (2007) – and has written over 70 feature columns at Workforce Management magazine. Prior to his investment at Kinetix, Kris served in HR leadership roles at DAXKO, Charter and Cingular. In his spare time, KD hits the road as a speaker and gives the world what it needs – pop culture references linked to Human Capital street smarts.