Happy belated Mother’s Day to all our wonderful readers who are not only HR Pros, but Kick-#$$ moms too! Here are 5 things you need to know this week in HR:
1. Introducing the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act. The newly proposed bill would “require an employer to make a reasonable accommodation for pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions”, so that mom’s would not have to decide not to work because of pregnancy.
2. Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson is stepping down. After falsifying his resume to reflect a different degree earned, Scott Thompson is stepping down as Yahoo CEO and will be replaced by Ross Levinsohn in the interim.
3. Eight states will roll off the federal extended benefits program this week, leaving more than 200,000 long-term unemployed Americans without unemployment checks this week.
4. LinkedIn is among a handful of companies expressing interest in Monster Worldwide as a potential acquisition target.
5. For our visual learners: The History of Social Recruiting Technology [Infographic].
Have a wonderful week!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…