Start your five day countdown to a three day weekend with these top articles…
1. From Cubicles, Cry for Quiet Pierces Office Buzz. As many companies knock down walls to create open-air communal space, their employees are unhappy and seek a new wall to cut out workplace distractions.
2. Saying Meetings Futile, SHRM Transparency Group Issues Survey. A group of former SHRM leaders have declared that attempting to resolve differences with the current SHRM board face-to-face is futile and have issued a survey to employ help for what steps to take next.
3. Can a side gig help your career? Certain types of moonlighting can actually help you in your main job and foster creativity and drive entrepreneurial spirit and wise organizations should support vs object employees desire to take on a secondary role.
4. Monster Post Sale Signs as Numbers Continue to Tumble. Monster Inc. announced for they were for sale two months ago and has attracted a number of suitors, including the private equity firm Silver Lake Partners. Despite claim that the back-end company that supports Monster and a few other boards is stronger than it has been in the last eight years, Monster stock prices continue to drop.
5. What You Can Learn from Zynga’s Cool Company Culture. Take a photo tour of Zynga and pick up some ideas on how to make your company culture rock.
Have a great week!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…