Hello and happy NBA Finals Week. The first game isn’t until Tuesday, so here are 5 reads to pass the time:
1. LinkedIn Reportedly Uses Over 6 Million Passwords. On June 6, it was reported that a user in a Russian forum had obtained 6.5 million passwords from the networking site.
2. House Oks Changes to Flexible Spending Account Use It or Lose It Rule. House of Representatives approved legislation that would ease a 28-year-old Internal Revenue Service rule that requires forfeiture of unused flexible spending account balances and eliminates restrictions on using FSAs and health savings accounts to pay for over-the-counter medications.
3. California Shows Way Through Tricky Pension Mess. San Jose and San Diego want public workers to make sacrifices for their pensions, like contributing up to 16 percent more of salaries to fund retirement schemes.
4. The Vicious Cycle of the Gender Pay Gap. A Wharton real estate professor and a professor of regional science and sociology at the University of Pennsylvania had the rare opportunity to examine the mechanics of the pay gap among male and female stockbrokers.
5. How Employers Really Feel About Social Media. An infographic developed by PayScale showing how executives really feel about social media in the workplace.
Have a great week!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…