Welcome back to the Monday grind – we hope you enjoyed your holiday week/weekend. Here’s what you may have missed between fireworks, cocktails and grilling:
1. Twitter and LinkedIn Split. Twitter announced last week that they will no longer offer connectors that allow you to tweet from your Twitter account to the networking platform LinkedIn.
2. Job Growth Remains Tepid. The economy added 80,000 jobs last month, which was enough to keep up with population growth but not enough to make a dent in reducing the 13 million unemployed workers.
3. Former United Flight Attendant Files Whistle-Blower Lawsuit. A former United Airlines flight attendant alleged that he had been fired after voicing out about an “unofficial, unspoken policy” requiring flight attendants to file false reports.
4. The saga continues: 3 Stats Opt Out of Reform Provisions. Florida, Louisiana and Wisconsin have exercised their legal right to opt out of two key provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Will more follow?
5. An All-White Office That Makes Work Feel Like High Stakes Surgery. Stock up on “Employees Must Wash Hands” signs because reports show that a clean and tidy office show a 30% increase in workers productivity.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…