Welcome back to the Monday grind. Kick your week off with these five reads:
1. Stephen Covey’s ‘The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People’ illustrated [Slide Show] with real leaders, as a tribute to the author’s passing this past week.
2. JC Penny’s to Eliminate Check-Out Clerks. In an effort to drive profits, JCPenny’s CEO is shifting the department store’s model to a more boutique format equipped with self check out terminals vs. traditional clerks.
3. Skype Won’t Comment on Whether They Can Eavesdrop On Your Conversation. For years, the popular video chat service Skype has resisted taking part in online surveillance—but that may have changed. And if it has, Skype’s not telling.
4. NLRB Takes Aim at Your Handbook ‘At Will’ Clause. As every HR pro knows, statements of employees’ at-will status are standard in virtually all employee handbooks. But — at least judging by the recent actions of the NLRB — the devil’s in the details.
5. The All-In-1 Website Builder We’ve Been Waiting For. Squarespace 6 is Squarespace’s new turnkey platform to create portfolios, blogs, and general-purpose websites that are drag ‘n drop customizable yet image-centric and willing to interface with every platform under the sun (like Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram).
How did you spend your weekend? Hit us in the comments…
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…