The Annual Sackadamus FOT Predictions have become legendary, primarily, for their uncanny accuracy and for the simple fact no one is willing to go out on such a limb within the industry. Back in 2009 – it was I who predicted the takeoff of Video Interviewing/Video profiles! I also predicted Healthcare reform would go nowhere, so 50/50 seems to be a good odds in this predicting game! So, here it goes – Tim Sackett’s 2013 Predictions for the HR/Talent Industry:
- FOT Contributor/Cynical Girl Laurie Ruettimann will begin the next phase of her career by opening a boutique HR consulting practice focusing on helping HR ladies who have cats fighting depression (the cats, not the ladies – it’s a given the HR ladies have depression).
- In 2013 FOT will actually jump into the millennial pool and welcome on our first HR Millennial writer, primarily because all of GenYs and GenXers want someone new to make fun of, and let’s face it, there is nothing funnier than listening to Millennials talk about their HR experience.
- SHRM National comes to Chicago in 2013, but the bigger news will be of a small, but boisterous boycott of SHRM in Chicago by none other than Matt, aka Bruno, Stollack who hates Chicago, but loves SHRM. MattHow to get your ex back How to win back your ex.
will get through this week by accepting free PBR from Monster.com who tames down their annual party to just handing out free PBR.
- FOT finally signs an international sponsorship agreement with Nike in 2013, after a long drawn out battle between Nike, Addidas, Converse and Pro Keds for the right to outfit the FOT crew. Steve Boese will test the rights of the agreement by refusing to wear Nike at the 2013 HR Technology Conference so he can wear his ‘lucky’ Chuck Taylors during his first run in the show.
- Some HR Lady will release a 50 Shades knockoff called – 50 Shades of Harassment – it will go on to be a SHRM Bookstore best seller, selling 37 copies.
- Facebook figures out a Recruiting platform – and/or LinkedIn buys BranchOut and figures it out for them – way too much talent interacting on FB to just leave it alone. And FYI, your Facebook page isn’t recruiting on Facebook.
- The Job Boards? Still not dead. Why? Because the majority of ‘job seekers’ still go to a job board to find a job and most corporate HR/Talent Pros still don’t know how to pick up a phone and actually recruit passive talent. As long as ‘Post and Pray’ is the primary recruiting strategy of corporate talent acquisition – the Job Boards will live.
So, what predictions do you have for the upcoming year?
If you Google “Tim Sackett” you’ll find our Tim, and a truck driver chaplain. Our Tim is NOT the truck driver chaplain, although how awesome would that be if he was!? He is a prolific writer in the HR and TA space who just happens to also run an Engineering and IT contract staffing agency (HRU Technical Resources) out of Michigan. He also writes every day at his own blog, the Tim Sackett Project. Weirdly, he’s known as an expert in workplace hugging, which was kind of cool years ago, but now seems painfully creepy, but we still love him and he’s fairly harmless. Tim is also on the board of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals (ATAP), lifetime Michigan State Spartan fan, husband to a Hall of Fame wife, 3 sons, and his best friend Scout. He also wrote a book with SHRM called The Talent Fix, you can find it on Amazon.