Welcome back! I hope you enjoy these five must reads (between watching clips of last night’s Oscar winners):
1. Tweets, Not Resumes, Are Trending. Several progressive companies are ditching the resume and job interview process for tweets and other social media statues.
2. These 5 Trends Are Reshaping the Future of Pre-Hire Assessments. Social Connectivity and Collective Intelligence are part of the new blend of technology and assessment content shaping the way people find and are evaluated for jobs.
3. A Titan’s How-To on Breaking the Glass Ceiling. Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer at Facebook, is set to release her book-slash-manifesto, “Lean In”, a look at women in the workplace, this March; the book is sparking both enthusiasm and criticism.
4. Yahoo CEO Mayer Now Requiring Remote Employees to Not Be (Remote). Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has released an HR plan that requires Yahoo employees who work remotely to relocate to company facilities.
5. A Look Side Obama’s (Social) White House. As the use and need for social media continues to grow, so does the need for talent solely focused on the task of online engagement.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…