I’m gearing up to go on vacation for a whole week tomorrow, so if things go awry on the site while I”m gone contact this guy. Enjoy the reads and don’t miss me too much…
1. Southwest Airlines Ramp Employees Protest Temporary Worker Plan. Ground employees for Southwest Airlines Co. picketed at Dallas Love Field last Thursday, unhappy with the company’s plan to use temporary workers on the ramp
2. Rutgers Coach Fired After Abusive Video Broadcast [Video]. Rutgers University fired head basketball coach Mike Rice last Wednesday after ESPN broadcast a video showing him physically and verbally abusing players.
3. Social Media Boosts Workplace Productivity. Although some managers love to hate social media, it turns out the extra communication capabilities conferred by social media can raise workplace productivity.
4. Illinois Launches Challenge to Bolster Cybersecurity Workforce. Addressing the shortage of cybersecurity professionals in the workforce, Illinois Governor announced that the state is teaming up with the non-profit Cyber Aces Foundation on a Cyber Challenge, a statewide competition that will fill new jobs in the sector.
5. LinkedIn Introduces Mentions For Interacting With Connections, Companies. LI members can now use mentions to draw other people into conversations.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…