I just got back from my vacation, so I am playing catch up on talent news myself. Enjoy these reads I stumbled upon in the process…
1. Considering a Contingent Career. As the contingent workforce approaches one-third of the total worker population there will be more choices and better benefits for contingent workers, but they will require a different mindset and a change in expectations for the long term.
2. Learning to Save, Saving to Learn: A Portrait of the Next Generation. An important quality of the Next Generation is that they place a higher importance on education than older millennials.
3. LinkedIn InMail messages That Get Results. LinkedIn’s InMail tool does a solid job of allowing you to create targeted, meaningful messages and save them as templates for tracking and future use.
4. Who Will Win the War for Resume 2.0? Ten Visual Resume Tools Reviewed. In the age of social media, your personal brand is king; here’s a look at 10 companies that are leading the charge in enabling professionals to craft a more visual resume and make a better online elevator pitch.
5. How to Tell If You’re Creative (Hint: You Might Be Kind of a Jerk). A study out of BI Norwegian Business School has determined the signposts of a “creative” personality.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…