Hello and welcome to another fabulous week with the FOT tribe. Kick it off right with these five must-reads:
1. Paid Sick Leave: Solving a Health Issue or Another Burden on Employers? A number of states and cities across the country have recently passed bills that require employers to provide paid sick days, sparking much debate among employers, advocates and legislators.
2. Fox Searchlight loses key ruling in intern labor lawsuit. Fox Searchlight Pictures has lost a key ruling in its long-running legal fight with former interns who worked on movie productions without pay.
3. Bill Gates Joins LinkedIn. Bill Gates made his LinkedIn debut this past Thursday morning as one of the network’s super influencers.
4. Four Lies People Tell Themselves About Retirement. With proper planning and focus, you can be well on your way to achieving the retirement of your dreams.
5. In Need of a CEO, Lululemon Posts a Job Description. After their current CEO stepped down early last week, Lululemon did what any employer in need of talent would do — they post a job ad.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…