Hello and welcome back to another great week with the team at FOT. Keep it safe and avoid the Sharknado by staying inside with these five reads:
1. SHRM to Partner With HR People and Strategy. SHRM and HRPS have announced that they will be partnering to provide dual-membership opportunities, and a number of other benefits, to their members.
2. More Moves Abroad for Twitter’s Top Brass as Three Execs Head Overseas. Revealed via updates to their LinkedIn profiles, three of Twitter’s top execs are moving overseas to develop the company’s international presence.
3. 4 Bogus Claims About Why Walmart Can’t Pay A Living Wage. The retail giant says that a prospective law raising the minimum wage in D.C. will force the company to scale back its expansion plans in the area.
4. 3 Companies Hiring Return-to-work Moms. Women returning to the workforce after a sabbatical have a renewed energy and a commitment to succeed–and these companies know it.
5. Yahoo Employee Satisfaction Hits 5-Year High Under Marissa Mayer. Employee satisfaction at Yahoo under Mayer is at its highest level in the five years according to Glassdoor.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…