Hello and welcome back from what I hope was a great holiday weekend. Make these five reads your first stop this Monday:
1. Obamacare Employer Mandate Delayed Until 2015. The Obama administration has postponed the employer mandate until January 2015
2. Meet “Alt-Labor”: The Non-Union Workers” Movement. With unions in decline, new kinds of collectives of workers are springing up to fight for better pay and conditions.
3. Recruiting Goes Mainstream With Reality TV, Exposing Tech Divide Between Corporate and Executive Recruiters. Recruiting has gone mainstream enough to garner its own reality TV show.
4. Study: LinkedIn Positioned To Become First Global Economic Graph, Business Platform On Par With Google And Facebook. According casinoves.com to a study by faberNovel, LinkedIn is positioned to become the first global economic graph with the ability to mine the transactions of an emerging data economy.
5. Is Your Background Screener Doing the Job? Choosing and monitoring your background screening vendor is as important as the interview you conduct with candidates.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…