You know the drill… It’s Monday and you’re in need of a break or distraction before you start you day. Here you go:
1. Leaked Target Diversity Training Documents Reveal Struggles Of Managing A Diverse Workplace. A 49-page internal document entitled “Diversity Scripts for Stores” sheds light on how the company is supposed to deal with potentially inflammatory workplace issues as it faces a discrimination lawsuit filed by three former employees.
2. Generation U: Too Many Underemployed College Grads. A recent survey found that 50% of college grads are either unemployed or underemployed.
3. Corporate Foreign Language Training On The Rise. As more companies partner with international firms, open offices abroad or simply strive to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, their ability to communicate in multiple languages is becoming a strategic business imperative.
4. BLS number is BS. A former BLS insider insists that the real unemployment rate is actually about 3 percentage points higher than the BLS number.
5. App Gives You a Chance at Coffee With Major Influencers. The free iOS app HereOnBiz is connecting users and influences over coffee via their influencer of the month series.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…