Hello and welcome back to another great week with your favorite bloggers, kick it off right with these five must reads:
1. Twitter Doles Out Stock Grants To Keep Top Talent. Twitter has handed out stock grants to a number of key employees over the past two weeks.
2. Muslim Group Asks Walmart To Re-Hire Manager Fired Over Facebook Posting. A national Muslim organization has encouraged Walmart to rehire the Hamburg store employee who was recently fired after he posted derogatory comments about Muslims.
3. A Case Study of Facebook’s Simply Amazing Talent Management Practices. This case study describes a number of factors driving satisfaction at Facebook and why Glassdoor.com has rated the firm No. 1 for employee satisfaction.
4. Docking Pay For Exempt Employees: What’s Allowed? Some clarification on the murky pay-docking rules laid out by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
5. Are Robots Going To Kill Your Next Job, Or Create It? Everyone agrees that some jobs for humans will be lost to robots, and some jobs for humans will be created because of robots. But there is a growing debate about the math.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…