Hello and welcome to another great week with FOT. Kick your Monday off right with these five must-reads:
1. The World’s Most inDemand Employers: 2013. The most sought-after employers based on billions of interactions from LinkedIn’s 238M+ members.
2. Oil and Pregnancy Don’t Mix, But Apples and Berries Do. Within days of last month’s announcement of 4,500 upcoming layoffs by the sinking ship that was once BlackBerry, Apple threw a “career event” in a hotel a few minutes from the firm’s Canadian headquarters.
3. News from #InTalent: Has LinkedIn Handed Recruiters a Branding Pandora’s Box? Last week at Talent Connect, LinkedIn announced that recruiters who occupy a LinkedIn Recruiter seat can now post status updates directly onto the Company’s Career Page
4. Garment Workers Held Boss Captive Until He Paid Promised Bonus. Minimum-wage workers in a garment factory in Bangladesh finally extracted a long-promised bonus from their boss after holding him captive in the factory for over 18 hours.
5. Hate Happiness? Then Keep Eating Lunch at Your Desk. Two-thirds of employees eat lunch at their desk, overlooking that where, how, and who you eat with is as important as what you eat.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Holland Dombeck McCue is the former editor turned blogger here at Fistful of Talent. She plays in the employment branding and B2B marketing space and currently heads up Recruitment Marketing and Global Employment Branding for Delta Air Lines. So, it goes without saying that the opinions shared on FOT are hers and hers alone. She wishes it could go without saying, but hey, Legal runs a tight ship…