Hello and welcome to another great week here at FOT. Here’s what you need to know this week:
1. 4 Recruiting Trends to Watch for in 2014: The world of employer branding has been rapidly growing and evolving — just think of how many companies have added a role specifically for this purpose in the last few years. So, what’s on the horizon for 2014?
2. Cyber Monday Risks Exposed: Companies need to be watchful as employees use their work computers to take advantage of enticing online deals, or to open holiday greetings and videos, because a simple click of the mouse may introduce security risks to a business’s networks.
3. Your Brain on Poverty: Why Poor People Seem to Make Bad Decisions: Find out why their “bad decisions” might be more practical than you think.
4. Hiding From Your Managers Can Increase Your Productivity: Recent research proves the virtue of letting employees do at least some work unobserved.
5. This College Kid Made Over $24,000 Yesterday Just By Waving This Bitcoin Sign On ESPN: The guy received 100 transactions totalling over 22 bitcoins. At current prices above $1,100 per bitcoin, the kid has made over $24,000.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.