Kick your Monday off right with these five must reads from the gang at FOT:
1. Here’s Why Companies Are Desperate To Hire Anthropologists: While most execs are masters of analyzing spreadsheets, creating processes, and pitching products, anthropologists — and other practitioners of applied social science — can arrive at customer insights that big data tends to
gloss over, especially around the role that products play in people’s lives.
2. Hire for Bench Strength or Brace for Failure: Let’s talk about the importance of an organization’s bench strength.
3. 5 Ways To Keep Email From Taking Over Your Life: Do you spend half your day processing emails instead of actually working? A full inbox is an immediate source of stress–it reminds you of everything you’re aren’t getting done.
4. Turkey’s Social Media Crackdown Continues With YouTube Block: The block comes one week after the country’s Prime Minister issued a statewide ban on Twitter.
5. Examples of 404 Pages That Actually Engage Your Customer (or candidates): Check out this short (4 min) video, and shows how a bunch of startups shifted the way they thought about 404s by incorporating how visitors feel when they hit a 404. This is why 404s are
opportunistic and impact social web design.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.