Welcome back to another week with your favorite blogging team! Here are five things you need to know to start your Monday:
1. What Hiring Managers Really Want To Know When They Ask, ‘Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years?’: Your response to this question can tell the company if you have the requisite work ethic, attitude, and loyalty to be a good hire in the long term.
2. How To Find Your Company’s Sheryl Sandburg: Your ideal employee is the embodiment of your brand, with killer skills, a sense of humor, and the potential to be better than you are now.
3. 3 Ways to Give Office Politics the Pink Slip: While a bureaucratic, politicized structure is most often associated with larger corporations, startups and small businesses aren’t immune from this problem.
4. Should I Quit My Job To Start My Own Business: When you hate your job the idea of jumping ship to start your own business seems like a no-brainer. But if you have a well-paying job you actually like the question becomes a little more tricky.
5. For The Heroes Behind The Heroes, Help Arrives: Career Spark recognizes the contributions and sacrifices to our nation’s defense made by military spouses, as well as the employment challenges they face and the skills they bring to the civilian workplace.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.