Hi FOT Nation! Welcome back to another week—here are 5 things you should know to get your week started:
1. Monster’s New Strategy: Aggregate All the Jobs; Pay for Performance; Broaden Candidate Base: Careers publisher Monster Worldwide outlined a sweeping new strategy that vastly expands its job offerings and the universe of candidates—by aggregating them from social sites and the Internet generally—and introduces new pricing models that will allow it to attract the smallest employer.
2. HRCI: Surprised by SHRM Plan to Offer HR Certifications: Questions emerge regarding what SHRM’s move means to those with PHR, SPHR and GPHR credentials, as well as the relationship between the two organizations.
3. PRESENTING: The 100 Most Influential Tech Women On Twitter: There’s been a lot of talk about how women are underrepresented in the tech world and the voice of tech tends to be more male-centric. Especially when it comes to the Twitter conversation, it can feel a bit XY heavy.
4. Office Brainstorms Are a Waste of Time – Try This Instead: What makes brainstorming so unproductive? To put it simply, when people are brainstorming together, different people tend to focus on different tinier problems within a larger issue, so no one is actually looking at the same thing.
5. 5 Ways To Keep Your New Hires Happy: Filling an open position in your organization is a lot like dating: Once you find the right match, you want to do everything in your power to keep that person around. And just like in the dating world, your perfect candidate has the right to walk away if he or she isn’t satisfied with what your company has to offer.
Until next time!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.