We’re back again with 5 pieces of HR news to get your week started off right:
1. Company limits bathroom breaks to 6 minutes a day: Spend more than 6 minutes a day in the bathroom at Chicago’s WaterSaver Faucet company and you’ll face disciplinary measures.
2. How to Start Planning for Recruiting Gen Z: However you refer to them, Generation Z (born 1995-2010) is the young, fresh round of talent you’ll be recruiting very soon, which will be a different experience than generations before them.
3. What Improv Can Teach You About Holding On To New Hires: HR should take a lesson from the marketing department. This is a battle for eyeballs and attention spans. It’s about authenticity and messages that truly engage people–breaking through the clutter by being genuine, more transparent, spirited, and even entertaining.
4. These 3 brands actually get employee advocacy: Employee advocacy is a measurable approach to growing word of mouth sales while keeping your brand in tact.
5. 5 NYC Nutritionists Recommend Best Office Practices: Each nutritionist recommended a unique method for the ultimate health guide, but one tip in particular was echoed by every single one: Be prepared. Yes, the Boy Scouts adage applies to office health.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.