Welcome back to another great week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 must-reads to get your Monday started off right.
1. Too Slow or Too Low: Why Offers Are Being Rejected: It’s a job seekers market, but hiring managers haven’t yet fully adjusted to the change, with 40 percent of them taking almost a month to make an offer, only to find out in many cases that their candidate is turning them down.
2. The Evidence Is In: Patent Trolls Do Hurt Innovation: There is evidence of significant harm. The White House and the Congressional Research Service both cited many research studies suggesting that patent litigation harms innovation.
3. Mapping the World of Job Search: Where People Search & Why: As the fierce global competition for the best talent ramps up around the world, where will candidates come from and how will employers attract people to the locations where jobs are available?
4. Coming Soon: A Milwaukee-Area Mattress Store With No Salespeople: Operated by the owners of a local chain of furniture stores called Penny Mustard, the proposed venue would have an array of mattresses for prodding and testing, but it won’t have any staff.
5. 10 Rising Social Networks You Should Explore: With the daily explosion of startups, there are plenty of new social media tools popping up. These newer platforms could be working on the next big thing, so you’ll want to keep an eye out.
Have a good one, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.