5 Things You Should Know This Week

Cara Lucas Cara Lucas, This Week in HR

Top of the morning to you, FOT Nation! I’m coming to you with 5 things you should know to get your week started!

1. Data Reveal the 7 Factors for Optimal Employee RetentionOnly 22 percent of companies surveyed reported they had no difficulty in retaining employees, meaning the other 78 percent struggle to keep their people around. 

2. 18-Year-Old YouTube Star Says She ‘Doesn’t Need A Real Job’:  Jenn McAllister is not your average 18-year-old. She left home a year ago to pursue her career as a social-media celebrity in LA.

3. 4 Ways To Make Your Employees Your Brand’s Best ChampionsEmployees are building their brand and helping to move the company they love forward; they feel a greater sense of pride for their company as they read and share content.

4. Should I Hire a Contractor or an Employee?Hiring the right person for the right job, whether a contractor or an employee, is a task that all employers will find themselves doing again and again.

5. This Man Changed His Name From José To Joe And Immediately Got More Job Interviews: How much does your name really matter when applying for jobs? Probably more than you think.

Have a great week!

Cara Lucas

Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.