Top of the morning to you, FOT Nation! I’m coming to you with 5 things you should know to get your week started!
1. Data Reveal the 7 Factors for Optimal Employee Retention: Only 22 percent of companies surveyed reported they had no difficulty in retaining employees, meaning the other 78 percent struggle to keep their people around.
2. 18-Year-Old YouTube Star Says She ‘Doesn’t Need A Real Job’: Jenn McAllister is not your average 18-year-old. She left home a year ago to pursue her career as a social-media celebrity in LA.
3. 4 Ways To Make Your Employees Your Brand’s Best Champions: Employees are building their brand and helping to move the company they love forward; they feel a greater sense of pride for their company as they read and share content.
4. Should I Hire a Contractor or an Employee?: Hiring the right person for the right job, whether a contractor or an employee, is a task that all employers will find themselves doing again and again.
5. This Man Changed His Name From José To Joe And Immediately Got More Job Interviews: How much does your name really matter when applying for jobs? Probably more than you think.
Have a great week!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.