There are no lack of experts and gurus on the web willing (and in some cases, even able) to help you design an engagement strategy. In fact, there are more people who will gladly accept your money to put in place a technology solution that is user-friendly, social and living in the cloud than there are companies need that help (it is always the case when the hype exceeds the real need – and we are fully enveloped in that space right now.) Engagement is THE issue of the day and companies who have no business talking engagement are doing it. I’ve said it before – companies selling paperclips are saying their clips are better because they drive engagement.
And the go-to sales technique for most vendors in the engagement, reward and recognition space is to schedule a “demo” of their “solution.”
Here’s a prediction: You will like what you see.
Their demos are designed to do that.
Read the whole post over at Symbolist (an FOT contributor blog).
Paul Hebert is Senior Account Executive at WorkStride, Inc, and a writer, speaker and consultant. Paul focuses on helping connect best-in-class incentive technology platform to behaviors you need drive business results through employees, channel partners and consumers.
Using proven motivational theory, behavioral economics and social psychology he has driven extraordinary company performance for his clients. Paul is widely considered an expert on motivation, incentives, and engagement.
Other notable activities:
- Interviewed by the BBC on executive motivation and pay
- Quoted three times in USATODAY as an expert in incentives and channel travel programs
- Published in Loyalty360 magazine
- Writer and founding member of the editorial advisory board at the HRExaminer website
- Contributing author of “Enterprise Engagement: The Textbook: A Roadmap to Achieving Organizational Results Through People”
- Contributing author of 3 books on social media “The Age of Conversation #1, #2, and #3”