Welcome back to another great week with FOT! Don’t start your week without reading the next 5 news items!
1. Corporate America Through The Eyes Of A Millennial: I’m a Millennial, and despite not having a college degree, I reached the upper-echelons of Corporate America.
2. The Art of Not Working at Work: At first, the ability to check email, read ESPN, or browse Zappos while on the job may feel like a luxury. But in time, many crave more meaningful—and more demanding—responsibilities.
3. Generational Diversity at Work: Don’t Brush With Such Broad Strokes: With such a broad spectrum of individuals available in the labor market, here is where the talent advisor can truly shine.
4. How Much Income Puts You in the 1 Percent if You’re 30, 40, or 50?: Does $300,000 put you in the top 0.1 percent? It does if you’re under 31.
5. ‘SNL’ teaches us about workplace diversity in hilarious faux training video: “Women in the workplace” depicts an awkward ’90s diversity-training video, with none other than Chris Rock.
Have a great Monday, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.