It’s a brand new week, FOT Nation. And you know what that means… get started by reading the following 5 articles:
1. Now, a Job Site for Candidates With Cold Feet: myNoticePeriod was started by a couple fellows with experience at Yahoo and Oracle. Employees can quickly test the waters before they start their new job, and try to get an offer from an alternate employer quickly.
2. Why Lefties Make Less: They’ve been subtly discriminated against since biblical times, but modern data suggests a significant gap in earnings.
3. How We Trick Our Brains Into Being Productive: Avoiding the assignment you’re supposed to be doing by taking up a task that feels more responsible than puttering on social media is a complex way we trick ourselves into believing we’re not time wasters.
4. Merriam-Webster Announces Its Word of the Year: This big idea, broken down into specifics, does a fine job of summing up the past year.
5. 6 Tips To Staying Productive During The Holidays: Between office festivities and get-togethers with family and friends—not to mention holiday travel plans and the financial crunch that often occurs around this time of year—plenty of things may distract you from work during the holidays.
Have a great week!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.