The time right before the new year is a time of extremes. Either your workload drops to near zero because your function isn’t driven by the year end deadlines – or – you’re bat guano crazy because it is. I’d rather see you having a more sedate year-ending experience.
For me – it’s a time of introspection. I think about what I did. What I didn’t do. What is possible and what is weird.
Today is a kind of things that make me go hmmm… day.
Can You Breathe Virtual Oxygen?
Read the whole post over at Symbolist (an FOT contributor blog).
Paul Hebert is Senior Account Executive at WorkStride, Inc, and a writer, speaker and consultant. Paul focuses on helping connect best-in-class incentive technology platform to behaviors you need drive business results through employees, channel partners and consumers.
Using proven motivational theory, behavioral economics and social psychology he has driven extraordinary company performance for his clients. Paul is widely considered an expert on motivation, incentives, and engagement.
Other notable activities:
- Interviewed by the BBC on executive motivation and pay
- Quoted three times in USATODAY as an expert in incentives and channel travel programs
- Published in Loyalty360 magazine
- Writer and founding member of the editorial advisory board at the HRExaminer website
- Contributing author of “Enterprise Engagement: The Textbook: A Roadmap to Achieving Organizational Results Through People”
- Contributing author of 3 books on social media “The Age of Conversation #1, #2, and #3”