FOT is here to jump start your week with these 5 must-reads… check them out below!
1. Employee Stars, Imaginative Campaigns, and Cool Referral Programs Highlight the Best in Recruitment Advertising: Here are some lessons we can draw from the best and most creative recruitment advertising, which you can use to improve your own recruiting in 2015.
2. This App Could Help You Get Poached By Facebook Or Another Dream Employer: It does for job-hunting what Tinder does for dating: Enter your desired job, location, credentials, and current employer, and the site “matches” you to potential employers looking for you while keeping your identity secret. It will even quietly contact the employer on your behalf.
3. Not Everyone’s Internal Clock Is Set for the 9-to-5: Sleep disorders put some workers out of sync with traditional schedules and are estimated to cost employers $2,000 per employee in lost productivity every year.
4. Disagree With Your Boss And Live To Tell About It: You may not like it, but it’s part of your job to protect your boss from self-inflicted harm. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it, though.
5. Looking for a job? Ditch the resume tips and open a marketing book: If you’re relying on stale resume advice, you’ll only get as far as others taking the same approach. By thinking like a marketer and creating an ad campaign for yourself, you can defy the odds and outshine other qualified applicants.
Have a great week, everyone!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.