Welcome back to another week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 articles to get your week started:
1. How to Determine Your PTO Policy: The average American worker got 15 paid days off in 2014, one day more than in 2013, according to Expedia’s annual “Vacation Deprivation Study.” But those days weren’t all fun in the sun.
2. The Puzzling Geography of Workers’ Compensation: In Pennsylvania, losing an eye on the job warrants as much as $261,525. In Alabama, it can only get you $27,280.
3. The Truth About What Passive Candidates Really Want: How do you convince candidates who are satisfied with their job to make a switch?
4. 5 Things You Should Be Doing If You’re Unemployed: Applying to jobs you’re not qualified for (which 50% of job seekers reportedly do!) is counter-productive to your job search.
5. What we found when we analyzed the top 1,000 posts on LinkedIn: Marketing automation company HubSpot has also found that LinkedIn generated the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rates compared to Facebook and Twitter, where leads were almost three times higher to convert than Facebook or Twitter.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.