Welcome back to another great week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 must-reads to get your Monday started:
1. The After-Work Email Quandary: People complain about checking their inboxes when they’re out of the office, but some of them kind of enjoy it, too.
2. The Secrets To Being Creative On a Deadline: We talked to three people who have to be creative on a deadline: a comedy writer, a podcast producer, and a social-media executive. Here, they share their tricks of the trade about how to create under pressure.
3. SEC Sues Company Behind the HR Job Board OpenReq: A federal court in Florida has all but closed down the operations of OpenReq and its parent company, eCareer Holdings, after the Securities and Exchange Commission charged the firm and its principals with fraud and securities violations.
4. ‘Social anxiety disorder’ is qualifying condition under ADA: Court: The definition of disability — the kind employers have to make an effort to accommodate — just keeps getting wider and wider.
5. Here’s how much each ‘Mad Men’ character’s dwelling cost then and now: Realtor.com has done the world a public service by figuring out how much each apartment or house that appears in the television show “Mad Men” might have cost at the time — and how much each would cost today.
Have a great week!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.