Welcome back to another great week with your favorite blogging team. Don’t get your Monday started before you check out these 5 must reads!
1. How To Set Boundaries Without Looking Like A Slacker: Chances are that you have felt the need to set boundaries at work at one point or another. But doing so while being a team player can be a tough line to walk.
2. The Next Big Thing in Social Media: Vertical Networks: Cousins to Facebook and LinkedIn, experts say these niche social sites are exploding.
3. Wearing a Suit Makes People Think Differently: Formalwear elicits feelings of power, which change some mental processes.
4. What We Did When Our Reqs Went From 80 to 400: Hire hundreds of people, faster than we ever have, with no decrease in quality. That was our task, and we completed it.
5. Sitting All Day Will Kill You, But a Two-Minute Walk Could Change That: Standing up and walking around for even two minutes every hour can help offset the life-shortening effects of sitting all day, according to a new study in the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.