Welcome back, FOT Nation! It’s time to get your week started with the following 5 articles:
1. Why Offices Full Of Ping-Pong Tables And Video Games Might Be Onto Something: New research suggests that how old you feel has a bigger impact on your productivity than how old you are. Playground office FTW!
2. 4 secrets to negotiating your salary: Price and compensation have nothing to do with what anyone deserves — and everything to do with market value, preparation, and problem solving skills.
3. When It Comes to Getting a Job, Americans Believe Skills Trump College: People see social intelligence and computer knowledge as more important than a four-year degree in preparing for the workplace, according to a new poll.
4. Appreciation: It’s A Critical Skill That Every Manager Really Needs To Learn: The best manager I’ve ever known used to keep a small piece of paper taped to her desk. “Gratitude,” it read. And gratitude she did indeed display, to each member of the team, with an authenticity and warmth that inspired nothing short of devotion from us all.
5. 180LA Tries to Recruit a New Creative Director With a Sneaky Award Entry at Cannes: Where can you find the world’s best creative directors? They’re sitting on Cannes Lions juries. So, if you’re looking to hire a great new CD, why not approach those juries directly—with award entry that’s actually a sneak recruitment ad?
Have a great Monday!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.