Welcome back to another great week, FOT Nation! Check out these 5 articles to get your Monday started:
1. Why Women Shouldn’t Have to Act Like Dudes at Work: Companies that overvalue alpha-male behavior need to change—both to retain female talent and for the bottom line.
2. The Most Buzzed-About Social Recruiting Posts Of The Week: Here’s how three top brands are effectively engaging job-seekers on social platforms and what you can learn from their success.
3. 9 Ways to Negotiate a Contract Like a Boss: When it comes to contracts, the power of positively is real. Likewise, it pays to hold on to your sense of humor, especially when the going gets tough.
4. Starbucks CEO: We are growing because we invested in tech: The coffee seller’s boss made the claim to explain how the business has been able to defy the odds and turn digital payments into a key revenue source.
5. Why I Write in PowerPoint: You can do everything — outlines, drafts, revisions, and even layouts, if you’d like — in PowerPoint or similar presentation programs.
Have a great day!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.