Welcome back to another Monday with your favorite blogging team! It’s time to get your morning started with the following 5 articles:
1. DOL forcing everyone to change remote work policies: Pitfalls to avoid: Because of tech advancements, hourly, non-exempt employees are now working in positions where tasks can be performed remotely. This makes tracking workers’ time a daunting challenge for employers.
2. What’s Wrong With College Recruiting? Identifying Your Out-Of-Date Program Features: Nearly every organization is currently struggling to recruit its needed college talent, because after years of reduced hiring, the demand for college hires is up almost 10 percent this year.
3. Why ‘Do What You Love’ Is Pernicious Advice: If passion is a job requirement, says the writer Miya Tokumitsu, employees have little room to complain about mistreatment at work.
4. Effective Marketing Appeals to Emotions Instead of Reason: On average, consumers are exposed to more than 5000 advertisements per day. Among those 5000-plus advertisements, only about 12 will make an impression on the average consumer.
5. What Netflix’s Amazing New Unlimited Parental Leave Policy Really Means: Netflix is making history here.
Have a great week!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.