Welcome back to another week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 articles you need to read before you get your Monday started. The Secret Suffering of the Middle Manager
1. The Secret Suffering of the Middle Manager: All of the downsides of being a subordinate, combined with all of the downsides of having to tell people to do things they don’t want to do.
2. Google Secret Strategy To Recruit Engineers: It’s been the subject of a feature film, a main theme of a best-selling book, a source of endless speculation and analysis (yielding 21 million results on the search “how google hires”), and a holy grail-like quest for some two million hopefuls per year. It’s the hiring process at Google.
3. 12 times you shouldn’t say ‘I’m sorry’ at work: When you overuse the phrase “I’m sorry” or use it unnecessarily, it gets diluted and loses its sincerity. Plus, it’s pretty annoying when someone prefaces everything with, “I’m sorry, but…”
4. The Most Buzzed-About Social Recruiting Posts Of The Week: If you’d like to engage your ideal job-seekers, and create a buzz on social media, here are the latest best practices.
5. This Simple Technique Trains Your Brain to Conjure Your Best-Ever Ideas: Creating and judging are two different brain functions, so coming up with that stellar idea requires letting your brain stay in creative mode long enough for that one idea to make itself heard.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.