Welcome back to another week with your favorite blogging team! Check out these 5 must-reads to get your week started.
1. Leisure Inequality: What the Rich-Poor Longevity Gap Will Do to Retirement: In American society, those who live the longest get to enjoy years of relaxation, but those with the shortest life expectancies tend to work into their final years.
2. The Best Managers Are Boring Managers: In the most compelling and comprehensive synthesis of independent scientific studies about managerial competence, Tim Judge reports that effective managers tend to be highly adjusted, sociable, friendly, flexible, and prudent.
3. See How Your Recruitment Marketing Compares To The Fortune 500: We studied 13 modern recruitment marketing practices that give employers an edge in finding and attracting their target candidate personas, engaging passive talent on social and mobile, and nurturing leads and converting them into qualified applicants.
4. Here’s exactly what a hiring manager scans for when reviewing resumes: Hiring managers spend just six seconds on your resume before they decide on you — this is exactly what they look at.
5. 5 Creative Design Solutions To Fix The Open Office: Though ubiquitous, it’s not an environment designed for everyone—certainly not if you’re an introvert, or if your job requires privacy and concentration.
Have a great week, FOT Nation!
Cara is the Marketing Manager here at Kinetix and resident Renaissance woman. She refers to herself as a writer, but we think that’s limiting. Instead we call her many things: co-strategist, idea machine, brand builder, Kinetixizer, social-media plugger, blogger, and all-around creative specialist. If you wanna schmooze, try talking DIY and fitness, then top it off with a quick kid or pet mention—gets her every time. Tweet her at @caralucas44.